Phone: 760.944.1892 x 6631
For entry into 7th grade:
- Polio - 4 doses at any age, however, 3 doses are enough if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday.
- DTP/TD - 5 doses, however, 4 doses are enough if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday.
- Measles/Rubella/Mumps (MMR) - 2 doses both given on or after the 1st birthday.
- Varicella - 2 doses are required. (Physician-documented varicella (chickenpox) disease history or immunity meets the varicella requirement. Must present signed document to the health office.)
- Tdap - 1 dose on or after the 7th birthday with any Pertussis containing vaccine.
Entry to High School:
- New state immunization requirements will affect your student progressing from 8th grade to high school. Beginning July 2019, students are required to have 3 doses of Hep B.
An Authorization for Medication Administration form (available on the Diegueno website) must be filled out and signed by both the parent/guardian and the physician in order for the health technician to administer any medications. Authorization forms must be signed and dated by your students Doctor AFTER August 1st of the school year. Authorizations are valid for one school year only. This includes all over the counter medicine as well as prescription medications. Both the medications and the appropriate forms must be brought to the health office and logged in by a parent with the Health Tech (NOT SENT IN WITH THE STUDENT) before any will be dispensed.
(Click here to print the authorization form.)
Please note that if your child wears braces or contact lenses, we do not have "wax" or "saline solution" available, so they should be prepared to carry those items with them. Parents or guardians are permitted to come to the school and dispense medicine to their children in the health office as needed if the required forms are not on file.