What is Special Education?
Students who meet the criteria for Special Education services as defined in the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and the California Education Code are placed on an Individual Education Plan (IEP). This plan outlines academic goals the student is trying to achieve and the support services the school has put in place to assist the student in reaching these goals. Additionally, each student on an IEP is assigned a case manager to oversee the plan and make sure the student's needs are being met.
In order to meet the IDEA regulations and California Education codes, Diegueño Middle School offers a variety of special education services to support students with a documented disability that are eligible for an Individual Education Plan (IEP). These services include, but are not limited to:
- Core level academic courses
- Academic support classes
- Fundamental classes
- School psychologist services
- Speech and language pathologist services
- Occupational therapy
- Assistive technology
Key links to help understand our Special Education program and find additional resources for support:
- Parent representative on SDUHSD Special Ed Parent Forum:
Stacy Prida - firstname.lastname@example.org
- SDUHSD Special Education Newsletter - June En Español - Junio
- What is Special Education?
- SDUHSD Special Education Strategic Plan
- SDUHSD Special Education Strategic Plan Summary
- Special Education Services
- Continuum of Services Options
- North Coastal Consortium for Special Education
- California Department of Education Resources
|Name||Position||Emai l||Google Classroom?||Website|
|Mrs. Liz Anglin||Teacher||Yes||Website|
|Mrs. Gillian Brittan||Teacher|
|Mrs. Sarah Chi||Teacher||Yes||Website|
|Mrs. Andrea Norton||Teacher||Yes||Website|
|Mr. Gary Lewis||Speech & Language Pathologist||N/A||N/A|
|Mr. Nathan Molina||Program Supervisor||N/A||N/A|
As teachers continue to revise their online/ distance learning presence, make sure to continue to check any and all websites (teacher or Google Classroom) that teachers may use for the most current information.